Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Vintage Animated including Rega Israel watches

 It's always time for character watches...Watches with Character.  

Vintage Animated including Apollo Space Pacer, Boy with bone, Cat, Collie, Dolphin, Eastman Girl, Football Thrower, Little Hans, Little Red Riding Hood with Wolf, Owl, Race Car Character Watches.

Its always a nice feature when a character watch uses their own hands and/or some type of a special second hand that rotates around the dial. 
 
This entry is for watches with even a little more animation than the specialized hands including Rega Israel & Ruhla watches which usually have moving eyes that tick off the seconds. Rega & Webster produced many different types of characters in the 1960's and earlier 1970's along with other makers, often with unlicensed commonly known characters.
 
Here are a few that I have collected OR know of.

Alice in wonderland with animated mad hatter by the New Haven Clock & Watch Company, marked USA 1951 Swiss corporation Swiss made. See my Disney blog.

Archie Comics (head rotates) by ACP Inc. See my 1970's blog.
 
Barbie & Ken by Bradley Mattel Inc. Swiss made "heart beat". See my 1960's blog.
 
Betty Boop by Asa Inc marked Rega Israel. See my 1970's blog.
 
Billy Sport moving foot. See my Sports blog
 
     Apollo Space Pacer. This space watch has two astronaut tethered to a capsule, one ticks off the seconds.

Boy with bone by Oberon. This boy with large glasses offers a bone to a dog whose eyes tick off the seconds.

Bumble Bee by Rega Israel.
Cat blue and Pink by Rega Israel.
        Butterfly by Rega Israel

Clown by Rega Israel.
 
 Collie with moving smaller collie that ticks off the seconds by unknown maker Swiss made.

Dan Dare by Ingersoll for Eagle with moving spaceship and ticking head. See my Space blog. 
 
Dan Dare by Ingersoll for Eagle with moving ray gun and rocket. See my Space blog. 
 
Deer, Hartford by Rega Israel.
 
Dick Tracy by New Haven with moving gun 1951 Swiss made. See my Superhero's and crime fighter's blog.
 
 
Dolphin by Ancre with moving ball that ticks off the seconds.
 
 Eastman Girl by Rega Israel with moving eyes that tick off the seconds.

Football Thrower watch Swiss made, arm with football moves back and forth for the seconds
 
Ford Pinto watch Swiss made, legs kick for the seconds. See my non food Advertising blog.

Gene Autry Moving gun by New Haven 1951. See my Western blog.

Gene Autry Moving gun 1988. See my Western blog.
 
General Mills Monster Cereal characters by Lafayette Watch Co -Frankenberry, Count Chocula and Boo Berry spin around dial while background image of haunted mansion darkens to black then re-appears. See my advertising A-L blog.
 
Hoky Poky magician with animated hands by Acco. See my uncategorized-1930s-1940s-1950s blog.

Howdy Doody by Patent Watch Co. of New York with moving eyes.
See my uncategorized-1930s-1940s-1950s blog.
 
Hush Puppy by Rega Israel, eyes tick off the seconds. See my non food Advertising blog.

Indian watch by Webster with animated tomahawk Swiss made. See my Western blog.

Jeff Arnold by Ingersoll for Eagle with moving gun. See my Western blog.
 
Johnny Horizon by Rega Israel with moving eyes. See my Superhero's and crime fighter's blog.

Li'l Abner by New Haven animated moving flag or moving donkey. See my uncategorized-1930s-1940s-1950s blog.

Little astronaut by Rega Israel on either a white or black background.

Little Hans by Rega Israel is common and shows the glasses wearing red headed Hans in his yellow felt hat with brown tassel and red feather and a hint of his old European matching yellow outfit with big red bow tie all on a white background with black numbers and white hands to tell the time. Marked Piet.

Little Red Riding Hood with wolf by Rega Israel.  There are at least two different ones of these. One on white and one on black as shown.
Mickey Mouse Nodder by Bradley Walt Disney Productions Swiss Made. See my Mickey Mouse blog.
 
Mickey & Minnie Dancing by Bradley. This has a flashing light effect.  See my Mickey Mouse blog.
 
Mickey Mouse & Pluto Nodder by Bradley Walt Disney Productions Swiss Made. See my Disney blog.

Mickey Mouse kicking soccer ball by Bradley, his foot ticks off seconds. See my Mickey Mouse blog.

Minnie Mouse Nodder by Bradly marked Walt Disney Productions Swiss made. See my Disney blog.

Mouse with blue hat and tie by Rega Israel.


Owl by unknown maker. Eyes move to tick off the seconds.

                                      Pals Puppy by Israel. Eyes move to tick off the seconds. 

Peter Pan Peanut Butter magic watch by Remex goes blank and then his face appears. See my advertising M-Z blog.

Pinky & the Brain pocket watch with moving PW held by Brain. See my Warner Brothers blog.

Pinocchio by Webster with moving cricket.
 
Pippi Longstockings with animated monkey Mr. Nilsson who ticks of the seconds Swiss made. See my 1970's blog.
 
Puss & Boots by Moggy Swiss made animated sword with original band. See my 1970's blog.
 
Race car  watch Swiss made, checkered flag moves back and forth for the seconds
 

Sesame Street Cookie Monster nodder by Bradley Swiss made. See my Sesame Street blog.
 
Snorkeling by Rega Israel with white rotating fish on a black background.
 
Snow White and dwarfs with moving witch hand with an apple (I think) Swiss made. See my 1980's blogs.
 
Sport Billy 1979 by Bradley for the FIFA. See my Sports blog 

Sugar Bear by Rega Israel, his eyes tick off the seconds. See my advertising M-Z blog.
 
W.C. Fields moving eyes "You Can't Cheat an Honest Man" marked WC Fields prod Asa Inc. Marked Rega Israel. See my 1970's blog.
 
White and Red dog by Rega Israel.
 
Woody Wood Pecker by Webster watch Company with moving woodpecker to tick off seconds. See my Wood Wood Pecker blog.
 
Yakky doodle Duck with ticking worm or caterpillar by unknown maker. See my Hanna Barbera blog.


For more Information on Watches see:
The National Watch and Clock Museum:  https://nawcc.org/index.php/museum

The West Coast Clock & watch museum https://www.agsem.com/West-Coast-Clock-and-Watch-Museum.php which is located at the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum http://www.agsem.com/
 

Any thoughts can be emailed to characterwatchtime@gmail.com

It's always time for character watches...Watches with Character.

Vintage Jump Hour Character Watches

It's always time for character watches...Watches with Character.     Vintage Cat in the hat, Ford Mustang II, Funny Face, Johnny Horiz...